Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Brigman Crew is in fact alive and well!!

Well I feel a little silly writing a post after over a year has gone by! I know all of you faithful followers had given up on me. Thanks for the motivating/hater comments. :) I decided that I in fact do need blogging in my life. Not because I love to blog, but because I dislike scrap-booking even more, and my kids pictures and stories need to be documented. So here's to falling off the horse and getting back on!

Have you seen my kids lately? They are perhaps the cutest, smartest and funniest little people I know. And they just came that way..I promise.. it's nothing I can take credit for. I love them more than life itself. Here is the update on them.

Noah is 5 years old! As I signed into my blog account and looked around, I found a draft for a post I was working on in June of 2010...it was all about him turning four. Oh my, the shame. Since I never posted it, lets just move on to how cool Noah is now that he is five, shall we?

Noah turned five in June and it has been so great to see this little boy grow up. I have really noticed a big difference in him in the past few months. He coming out of the little boy phase and becoming more independent, brave, less needy and so helpful to me around the house and with his sister Mia. Noah is so social and is such a good friend. He has made some really great friends from our ward and is so great to be a friend who shares with others and is truly concerned about others and their feelings. It warms my heart. Noah is the best big brother on the planet. He loves Mia so much and thanks Heavenly Father every night in his prayers that "Mia chose me to be her big brother, because I am the best brother."

Noah went on a vacation with the Dastrup family and was so sad that Mia couldn't come along. I told him that maybe he could try and pack her in his suitcase. :)He in fact did try to pack her and Mia was a very willing participant until he started zipping up the suitcase with her inside it. Despite their age difference, these two have so much fun together. Mia can wrestle with the best of them and has virtually no love for "girly" toys. Its all cars, army guys, Indiana Jones, Star Wars and superheros around here. But she seems perfectly content to play along with Noah, and Noah will play with anyone willing, no matter their age or intellectual capabilities. :) I decided to keep Noah in preschool for one more year and he LOVES his sweet teacher and classmates. He also started soccer last month and is so fun to watch. He runs hard and has a good time. He is a good sport and is enjoying playing soccer with his friends. Oh how I love Noah. He keeps us all smiling and laughing around here.

Mia will be seventeen months old this month! Mia was such a good baby! She rarely cried and was a good sleeper and eater. I was certain that this good-natured baby was going to be a sweet, calm and quiet little girl. Oh how things have changed :) Mia is the life of the party. She has no problem keeping up with her brother. She began walking at eleven months, or maybe I should say running! This girl has some wheels. At about thirteen months she started wanting to get out of the stroller on our walks and would instead run along side me while I walked. I can confidently say that Mia can run/jog/walk a full two miles. We are pretty sure she is going to be a cross country/track star. Which makes me super excited! She loves books, doggies, riding in the trailer while her dad pulls her on his bike, wrestling, dancing, music, her best brother Noah and mac 'n cheese. I love this little girl so much. She has brought so much joy to our home. And oh how I am enjoying dressing a little girl!! :)

And our final update...Baby number three is due March 11, 2012. I am eighteen weeks along and we find out what we are having next Friday! Adam is certain it is another girl. We will see! Noah says he will be happy with another brother or a sister but if its a boy he wants to call him Indiana or Dr. Jones for short.:) Anywho, we are all so excited about it. I am especially excited to be over the first trimester and have my energy back and to be enjoying food again! Life is so good and we are blessed.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I love reading about your family. We love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray! a blog post, so exciting. :) i can't not believe mia is getting so big! i haven't seen a pic of her in forever! love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So...you better not be getting my hopes up just to have them dashed in a month when you still haven't updated...and then have me loose all confidence that you will ever blog again after a year! I hope you've learned your lesson...if not, I'd be happy to leave some more of the hater comments from before :). Hahaha, just kidding...kinda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you got back on the horse. thank heavens for the update. I LOVE your pics.. your kids are too cute.. And yes, I concur with Mia having some wheels.. I couldn't run fast enough to catch up with her in church.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Glad for the update. Super cute pics, and glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete