Monday, July 26, 2010

Time Warp

What is going on? I feel like I have been in a time warp! It has seriously been long enough since my last post that I considered giving up on the whole blog business. I just don't make it a priority...plain and simple. I am sure I have time for it. I have time for lots of things that I want to do. I just choose not to do it. My mother has been severely disappointed in my lack of posts and reminds me nearly every time a see her or talk to her..which is usually at least once, sometimes two times a day. Especially since our darling little girl Mia Melinda was born over two months ago and I have yet to post a single picture of her! So here goes with the post I should have done a while ago.

Mia Melinda was born on May 19th. We went into the hospital early that morning and I was induced. It was a whole different experience for me that Noah's birth, which was just crazy hard and fast! Kind of like Noah actually..ha! Adam and I watched a few movies on his computer and hung out until my labor really kicked in. I got an epidural early this time and was very excited about that, but much to my dismay it only made my left leg numb! Um could I get that numbness in my torso area please. Anywho--they had to re-do it and it finally worked about 15 minutes before our little Mia was born. Mia was 6 pounds 7 ounces and 18 3/4 inches and had lots of dark hair.

I love little Mia so much I can hardly stand it. She has the most darling hair and the sweetest smile. Growing up I thought my mom was amazing but also a little crazy for having seven children. But then I had Noah and Mia and although being pregnant is not my most pleasant or pretty of circumstances, I now totally get why she had seven children. Because there is nothing better in the entire world than being a mom. Adam is honestly the most amazing dad on the planet and has been so sweet and helpful with our new addition. And Noah has been the sweetest and proudest big brother, which has been so fun for us to watch. I am just convinced that my two kids were good friends before this life and will be great friends forever. Life is good and I feel so blessed. Here is our new little angel.






10 comments:

  1. Awe....I have also been waiting to see Mia, just like your Mom. I know the blog thing can be hard, but I do it for my Mom too since she dosent live close to me and so she can see Addie everyday. So, thanks for the posts and Mia is just precious and beautiful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gee wiz! you got a lot to catch up on! We love mia and tell her that her bff loves her! ha ha ha i know ashely will read this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank goodness! i was starting to go crazy without some pics of mia. i LOVE the picture of her on adam's shoulder. keep the posts (and pictures) coming! loveyou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is a two-face...she tells me one thing and you another :). What a jerk! She takes after my dad! haha
    Mia is so beautiful! I'm glad that we had babies so close together so that they can grow up and be friends and play and have fun. Of course...that means you have to move to Utah, and soon. I've already started looking for houses for you guys :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a cutie. Love all that dark hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree with anya.

    also, i am so excited to finally see some pictures of mia! but, i know i am a terrible friend and should come see her in person :) pre-school starts soon right... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. time for another time warp. let see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CARRIE... that is it.... it is time for another TIME WARP!!!!! No excuses.... having 2 kids is not an excuse for not updating your blog.... in fact, it is more reason to blog some more.... I want to see some more cute pics of Mia. The world needs to know she is not a new born any more.
    And that is all I have to say'


    p.s. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you don't update soon...I'm going to delete you from my blog list! Hahahaha...I'm serious though :)

    ReplyDelete