Saturday, February 13, 2010

PRAYER


Noah is such a funny child. I need to be better at recording all the silly things he says. We had a family home evening lesson on prayer recently. We try to keep things simple for him and speak to him on his level in these lessons. He is usually trying to stand on his head throughout the lesson, so we have to keep it engaging and to the point. During this lesson we talked about how to start and end a prayer, what to pray for, what we do with our hands, eyes, body during a prayer etc. We also told him that anytime he is afraid or sad he can say a prayer in his head and Heavenly Father will hear it. He has used this against me a few times at bedtime when he wants to just “say it in my head mom…really quietly,” instead of out loud. So since this lesson Noah wants to say prayers of protection, so Heavenly Father will “keep me safe from bad guys” and most recently he has been praying for things he wants. He came to me the other day with a picture of a pirate nutcracker from a book we have. He has an obsession with pirates and nutcrackers…so this was the perfect combo. He pointed to it and said, “mama I am going to pray and ask Jesus to get this pirate nutcracker for me.” He then folded his arms, bowed his head and said a short but sweet prayer asking that a pirate nutcracker be delivered to him. What a kid. I think we need the “what to pray for” part of the lesson again. Love this child!!!
p.s. don't you love this picture. Thanks Allyson!

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I read that, I had to run and tell my mom about it. He is seriously the cutest little boy! It makes me laugh! Oh...and just to let you know...I did order the vinyl names for your family home evening board...they lost my order, but didn't tell me for a month, and then they had to place it again. They now have all the names...but I'm having a hard time getting there! I promise I will send them to you soon! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so cute! I still like the calk (sp) my banana saying....oh and the other day in the car when he said to the girls "don't wanna see any moe tears" so cute!
    how come you never comment on my blog?

    ReplyDelete