Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baby Mia

I realize that this post is WAYYYY overdue...but blogging just seems to be the last thing I can find time for lately. Anywho--WE ARE HAVING A GIRL!!! Hooray! I was scheduled to have an ultrasound at my OB's office on January 4th to find out the sex. I was perfectly content with waiting until then but Adam could hardly stand it. He called me from work one afternoon about a week before Christmas. He had done some research and found a 3D imaging center near our house. He called them himself, found out their price and when their next available appointment was. The day he called me I was overwhelmed with work, Christmas preparations and just life... so although I thought it was sweet that he went to all that trouble...I told him I was just too busy! After I got off the phone I felt really guilty for dashing his hopes and decided to call and schedule the appointment without telling him. So Noah and I went to the imaging center! Noah sat next to me and held my hand. When the lady told us it was a baby girl Noah jumped off the chair he was sitting on, folded his arms to his chest and walked out the door of our room. He sat himself onto a couch in the waiting room and started to cry saying "I don't want a sister." I couldn't believe it! Who needs a girl..what a little drama king he is! He recovered quickly and now is perfectly cool with having a little sister that he has to protect and take care of. Adam came home from work and we surprised him with the ultrasound pics. We have already named her...Mia Melinda Brigman (Melinda is my sweet mom's name)! I am super excited to be halfway there and can hardly wait to meet our little girl.

7 comments:

  1. Our little girls are going to be best friends! Now...you guys just have to move to Utah to make it possible! Haha :). I'm so excited we're having babies within days of each other. Tim and I are excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you, told you it was girl, you were definitley channeling that "pink" image! Congrats, love the name too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH!I can't believe we're pregnant at the same time!!! I just love having babies and husbands and all those things! Love you girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yay! We are so excited for you to have a little girl. It's like having your own real baby doll to play dress-up with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is soooooooo exciting! I can't wait to meet Mia and make her a PINK quilt!
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo!!! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you guys, it's seems like it would be super fun to change things up and have a girl! Plus little girls clothes are amazingly fun to shop for :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! We are so excited for you. Hope all goes well and you're starting to feel better. Yeah! A girl!!!

    ReplyDelete