Monday, September 14, 2009

Funny Noah

I don't know why this is so funny to me, but it is. Tonight Noah asked for a piece of string cheese. Pretty quickly after he took his first bite, he realized that he didn't like the new brand of sting cheese we just bought at the store. He came to me in my room and said, "this is yucky, I don't want it." To which I replied, "go into the kitchen, get a ziploc bag, put the cheese in the bag and back into the refridgerator." (Why waste a perfectly good piece of cheese). It is very obvious to me now that this was way too many and too specific directions for a 3 year old. So about a minute later Noah runs to Adam with a plastic Smith's grocery bag (pretty similar to a ziploc bag, he gets credit for this) and hands it to him. Adam asks what is is for and Noah replies, "for my cheese." Adam asks Noah where the cheese is...Noah has no idea. In one minute he has somehow lost the string cheese. For the next 20+ minutes, Adam, Noah and I search our small two bedroom condo for the missing cheese. We ask Noah where he put the cheese and he responds that " um I don't know, maybe I threw it under your bed?" What! Why?? Long story shorter...I finally find the cheese under the kitchen sink, in a box that holds our garbage bags. Oh to understand the mind of a three year old. :)

Noah has been cracking us up lately with his witty comments and silly personality. A few Sundays ago, we went into church and sat down. Noah stands up on the bench and loudly proclaims, "hey mom thats Barack Obama." Shocked that Noah even knows that name, I look ahead to see an african american man with short hair sitting on the bench in front of us. A total Barack Obama look alike. I laughed quietly and looked at Adam who was trying not to laugh. Then I shhhh Noah and tell him that no that is not the president and to be quiet. Noah looks at me as if I have no idea what I am talking about and responds even louder with, "well then who is it mama...that is Barack Obama." Many of our fellow church goers heard this all go down. Hopefully the Barack Obama look a like didn't hear. My smart little man.

5 comments:

  1. Kids are great for embarrassment, aren't they?! Megan referes to anyone who looks older as "grandma" at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! lauren's been doing a lot of that stuff lately. mostly comments about people's hair...i always get so awkward too. i need some directions on how to handle those situations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that makes me miss him lots! And you and Adam too :). You need to come and visit soon! Oh...and I'm a little upset that you still haven't added our name to your blog list. We're family Carrie! FAMILY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha I'm so in love with Noah! hahahaha he's so funny. I miss him! Can he live with me for a few days? Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, at least it was a bit of a compliment. Zeke at the store the other day says to me in the check out line, while pointing to the cashier, "Mom, she's big." She was. She also either (hopefully) didn't hear it or pretended not to.

    ReplyDelete